Nothing is better than spending a cozy night in with your man/girl or Best Friend!… Or even just a peaceful night in by yourself!
It all started on a rainy summer’s evening, when my boyfriend and I decided that nothing would be cozier than spending the night making dinner together, sipping wine, and watching a movie!
We started by going to our local grocery store and picking out all of the ingredients that we both loved to eat in Pasta. Bae knows I am a vegetarian, and was very supportive when he announced that this pasta shall be animal free! HA RA!
When we got home we both changed into our comfiest clothes, turned on some Dean Martin and opened a bottle or red wine. It was all very Ali and Noah make dinner together. As we began to cook, and the sauce started to come together, I soon noticed how warm and personal it was to make dinner together, side by side. As he stirred the sauce and I added in the fresh herbs I thought wow, what a blissful moment!
This pasta was SO YUMMY, completely inexpensive, involved very little clean up, and was easy to make!!!!
- Olive Oil
- 10 White Mushrooms
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion
- 4 Cloves of Garlic2 Peppers
- 1 can of Tomato sauce
- 1 can of Tomato Paste
- 1 can of crushed Tomatoes
- 1 fresh tomatoe
- 2 bunches of any fresh herbs you have in your garden or that your grocer has on the go! We used the following fresh herbs from our garden: Thyme, Rosemary, and Oregano! Lots of Oregano!
Spices: Whatever spices you love! We used Keg Steak spice on the mushrooms and a little Slap Ya Mamma Spice. Let the fresh herbs do the flavouring! Don’t over do it on spices.
- 1 box Penne Pasta
Boil a large pot of water for the pasta. Add pasta when the water begins to boil and cook until Al dente.
- Cut up all the veggies. chop the herbs, dice the onions, and mince thegarlic.
- Add a table spoon of Olive Oil to a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the mushrooms one small handful at a time TIP: If you cook your mushrooms all at once, they will not brown. Don’t crowd mushrooms. Season with your favorite spice, or salt and pepper. We use Keg Steak Spice. Set mushrooms aside on a plate.
- Add a bit more olive oil to the same pan and begin to cook the onions and garlic. stirring often.
- Once they begin to brown, add the rest of the veggies, except the tomato. Stir often.
- Once cooked through, add the mushrooms back into the pan.
- Dump in all three cans of tomatoes (paste, crushed, sauce). Stir over meium heat.
- Add the fresh Herbs.
- Add the fresh tomato. Stir and simmer over low heat.
- . Let the sauce simmer and thicken for about 10 to 15 minutes
- Pour over Pasta and enjoy! (I like to pour over pasta instead of mixing it in, that way your proportions of pasta to sauce are always ideal!